A local religious, non-profit organization wanted to attract more campers for their summer youth camp. They were also interested in creating a visually stunning memento to give out to campers as they departed camp. The organization reached out to the experts at Plum Grove to help achieve both goals.
Plum Grove kicked off the summer camp’s campaign by strategizing design and marketing ideas with the client. After considering many designs and concepts, a 21.5″ x 16.5″ poster was chosen to be the marketing collateral for the campaign. The poster was folded down for mailing.
The poster mailer concept met the client’s needs while staying budget-friendly. Plum Grove launched the project into production using the following tactics:
- Designed a visually stunning poster highlighting the benefits of the camp
- Created engaging content based on camp activities and future events
- Printed 10,000 posters on 60 lb paper with glossy coating
- Poster was folded down to 11″ x 5.5″ and wafer-sealed for mailing
- Generated a mailing list targeting households with children within 30 minutes of the camp
- Used variable data to print addresses and personalized messaging
The client loved the design and concept for the poster/direct mail piece combination. Thousands of posters were mailed to households with children within the local area. In addition, the poster was distributed to each camper as the program ended along with a signup sheet for post-camp activities in the following year.