A nationwide landscaping and irrigation supplier wanted to promote brand awareness around the Grand Openings of new brick-and-mortar locations. The company wanted to target landscapers in various geographic locations throughout the USA. The Plum Grove team developed a robust geofencing campaign that corresponded with store openings and seasonal demand.
Geofencing advertising was leveraged to advertise to the patrons of competitive landscape supply stores. Regional competitors were identified around the client’s new and existing retail locations. The mobile devices of the competitors’ patrons were captured in the geofences, and then the client’s ads were served on those phones in news, games, and weather apps.
Plum Grove took the following steps to ensure a successful campaign:
- Developed a geofencing strategy targeting competitor locations
- Created “conversion zones” to measure foot traffic to the client’s physical store locations
- Launched on-brand artwork and messaging
- Shifted ad budgets based on seasonal demand and store openings
- Monitored performance and KPIs to maximize conversion
The geofencing campaign stayed fluid and quickly pivoted to meet variations in market demand. The ad budget shifted as foot traffic insights were gained in real time.
The campaign drove website traffic and in-store conversions while staying on budget. Nearly 750,000 ads were shown to potential customers, creating strong brand awareness for the landscape supply brand. The campaign resulted in more than 13,000 ad clicks to the client’s website.