Gate-fold Brochure Printing Guide
How it’s Folded
Single Gate Fold
Gate-fold Brochure Sizes
Flat: 14-in x 8.5-in
Folded: 6.9-in x 8.5-in Portrait
Flat: 16-in x 9-in
Folded: 6-in x 9-in Portrait
Flat: 17-in x 11-in
Folded: 8.5-in x 11-in Portrait
Flat: 18-in x 12-in
Folded: 9-in x 12-in Portait
- We accept the following file formats: .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS, .AI, .PSD, .BMP, .GIF, .JPG, .PNG, .PDF.
- Design your files on our templates and keep all critical images and/or copy within the Safe Zone. This will ensure these elements are clearly visible and there are no registration issues when the product is bound.
- Make sure each folded panel is easy to follow and clear. Separate different topics on separate panels for a smoother flow.
- For more information on bleed, color, file formats, file size, fonts, and resolution, please refer to our Checklist for Print-Ready Artwork
- Artwork must be a minimum of 350 dpi (dot per inch) resolution at 100% of the final print size.
- Images designed for the web typically cannot be used for printing as they have a low screen resolution of 72 dpi. Print images need to be created at 350 dpi or there will be a substantial drop in the image quality.
- All color artwork and/or images must be provided in CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color mode.
- All black & white artwork must be provided in grayscale color mode.
- We cannot guarantee 100% color match. We are able to match your color up to 85%, so there might be a 15% shift in color when your product is printed.
- Verify art has 0.125-in bleed. Example:
- Final size = 6-in x 9-in
- Art sized with bleeds = 6.125-in x 9.125-in
- For best results, please use our Templates. All the available templates already have the correct dimensions, including bleed.
Schedule a free consultation with our marketing professionals and we’ll get your project started.